September 28, 2015: SkyTeam Cargo has reached a 15 year milestone of cooperation since it was founded in Washington D.C. in 2000. Launched by four carriers - AeroMexico, Air France, Delta and Korean Air - today it comprises 12 airlines from six continents that together offer a service network to 175 countries worldwide.
"Today is a very important milestone in the history of our alliance which in 15 years has grown from four to 12 airline members offering over 850 global destinations," said Eric Hartmann, vice president SkyTeam Cargo.
SkyTeam Cargo by numbers:
- 12 global members – Aeroflot Cargo, Aerolíneas Argentinas Cargo, Aeromexico Cargo, Air France KLM Cargo, Alitalia Cargo, China Airlines Cargo, China Cargo Airlines, China Southern Cargo, Czech Airlines Cargo, Delta Cargo and Korean Air Cargo
- 13 origin hubs – Amsterdam, Atlanta, Buenos Aires, Guangzhou, Mexico City, Moscow, Navoiy, Paris, Prague, Rome, Seoul, Shanghai and Taipei.
- 4 aligned products – Equation, express shipping; Cohesion, customized shipping; Variation, unique shipments; Dimension, general freight – aligned alliance-wide
- 14,572 daily departures – delivering flexibility and choice
- 6 million annual tons of cargo shipped – including tulips from Amsterdam, lobster from New England and auto parts from Germany
- 40 shared terminals – combining resources to keep shipments under one roof to deliver more seamless connections
- 175 destination countries – with a presence across six continents
- 850 global destinations – from Ushuaia to Alaska and Bamako to Bangkok
- 3,145 aircraft in SkyTeam's Cargo fleet, including 83 widebody freighters